Tuesday, June 10, 2008

To the top...

In a few days, I shall be enjoying the view of the below (that's IF I can make it up there):
I will be in Mulu in a few days' time for a 5 days 4 nights adventure. Full report when I come back. Meanwhile, some snippets I got online...
'The pinnacle formations of Gunung Api and Benarat are spectacular examples of this limestone feature. Mulu’s Pinnacles tower above the surrounding landscape, some reaching heights of 40 to 50 metres. Centuries of water have eroded and dissolved the rock into razor sharp spikes which knife skywards through the surrounding rainforest.The trail to view the Pinnacles is only 2.4 km long but rises 1,200m and the last section is near vertical with ropes and ladders to climb.'
We will be visiting some popular caves like the Lang and Deer caves and will be watching the bat exodus. A little bit scared as I have not done much of mountain climbing, a little bit excited also but I will try to enjoy every minute of the climb.

1 comment:

Su said...

Enjoy the trip and take more photos ya!!