Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Happy Chinese New Year

It's a tradition every Chinese New Year. The year will not be complete without this. It took a lot of hardwork, cutting up kilos and kilos of vegetables, soaking them in vinegar, draining them and squeezing them dry, grinding the chillis, nuts and sesame seeds and a whole lot of processes involved. Well, this year I didn't manage to help as I was working when mum and dad made it. So, my job - to fill them into bottles. :)It's given to relatives and friends and some ordered it from my mum. My mum's delicious acar....

Another of mum's specialty is hand-made 'keropok udang' or prawn crackers. Not similar to those sold in the market. These are real prawn crackers. Lots of prawns and lots of hardwork....Hopefully, next year I will be able to make it instead of mum...This year, I took the initiative to fold ang pows and hang them. It's been years since I've done that.And the outcome? Totally lift up the mood of CNY...

Anyway, I am taking this opportunity to wish everyone celebrating CNY a happy (x100) new year....Abundance of luck, joy, wealth and health....Gong Xi Fa Chai....


No comments: