Monday, January 09, 2012

Shop till I drop

Every girl loves shopping. I might be a little shallow to say that but I am very sure that most people will agree. Personally, I love to shop. I do so very often few years back. I will just take a day off and wander around shopping malls.
However, the past year or so, I managed to curb this interest of mine. Few reasons -
1) Save money - I don't know why my taste got more and more expensive nowadays...:(
2) I got more than I can wear in my closet - everytime I want to buy something, I will always think of the less fortunate who desperate need new clothes
3) I got lazy :P - couple of hours walking in the shopping mall is so TIRING.
And then there is this thing about online shopping. I totally agree with Su on her thoughts about online shopping. It's just so easy to click click click and buy. But being the size I am now, there is no guarantee that the items will fit me nicely. I've return a few pieces and the courier charges are not so cheap! Some quality are not up to expectations as well.
I'm refraining from buying online but the clothes/shoes/bags all look so pretty in the pictures!!
CY has this policy - only buy something to replace another which is spoilt. I like this theory and is trying to adopt it.
With CNY around the corner, we have this tradition of buying new clothes. But is it really necessary? Honestly, I do not mind not wearing new clothes. But sigh, contradicting that, I just bought few new clothes last weekend. But then, that's because I need to utilise some vouchers which are expiring soon. LoL!
I went through my mum's closet the other day and some of her clothes from her younger days, fits me well. And it's the trend now for vintage clothes. Hence, I got more 'new' clothes to wear. Yay!




1 comment:

Su said...

practical policies..from today, my resolution is to adopt CY & your policies =)

Thanks for giving me new ideas too =D
Do you think my children will want to wear my clothes when they grow bigger? ...hehe =p
(it seems so long long way to go though..lol)