Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Lasik....

19.09.2009 was no special day for ROM...Hehe...Wrong guesses my friends...

It was the day I plucked up enough courage to FINALLY go for LASIK. As much as I tried to denied that I did it out of vanity, that's my main reason (no la...it's for convenience-still in denial)

I started wearing glasses, when I was about 10 or 11. It is confirmed that I have short-sightedness when at that time, I couldn't see the numbers on the buses clearly, even when it's less than 3 metres away. My mum forced me to go to the optometrist and ever since then, spectacles has been part of my life.

At times I really loath wearing them. I envy people who has perfect vision. I hated it everytime I have to spend on glasses.

Almost 20 years of living with glasses, it feels so good to wake up without seeing everything in a blur state. It's also much more convenient as I always go for runs and hiking. And I can finally learn to swim...One reason that discouraged me to learn swimming is because I can't see clearly without glasses. Though it's no small amount of money spent, but I tried to console myself with all the pros.

The procedure itself is really painless. Just a bit if irrtation and a bit of tugging and pulling at the flap of my eyes and that's it. What tortured me was the waiting time and the pre-treatment hour. I was very nervous by the time I go in to the laser room and the nurses were kind enough to hold my hands to clam me. So much for pretending to be cool and calm -_-".

And thanks to dear who accompany me through it all.

Now, day 3 post treatment, I can see almost 90%. Just that my eyes will get tired easily and a bit blur at times. It's worth the money spent. But this also means that I have to be on a strict, i repeat STRICT budget for the next couple of months...*sighs*...

7 comments:

anechoic said...

they say it will come back after a few years?? not sure..

nvm now leng lui liao lor.. :p

Lawsh said...

errr, swimming goggles now have powered one also wor to cater for those who wear glasses :)

now you MUST be cool and wear shades when going outside

cy said...

LOL ... yeah, especially when she is in the cinema ... :P

Unknown said...

anechoic: it's not a guarantee that you will get vision 20/20 and yes it might come back in a few years...but hope for the best la...(BTW, i am more used to my look with glasses...WTF)
Lawsh: powered goggles means can't see also after taking it off...:P shades is a MUST this whole week...
cy:cool leh...you can try also wearing shades in the cinema...just have to ignore the stares from other people

Kat said...

i'll ask you about the long term effect in 5 years time...if ok, i might just go for it..hehe... though i actually need my glasses..not so much to see clearly, but to look 'older'..hehe...but in 5 years time, don't need glasses for that anymore.. hahaha

deepak said...

pheewwiitt... KF with out specs... sure hot stuff!! ... make sure post some pics once the recovery is complete!

Preston said...

wah! I thought I'm the only one who wear spec at an early age of 10 something! Now I got comrade already.

Ok...now, let us see some leng lui of you without spec.....haha :).