Friday, April 25, 2008

Food Review:Mum's cooking

When she was young, my mum didn't really like cooking. She seldom cooks (just like me). But look at her now..she is the best cook, in my humble opinion. Well, I did try to learn earlier this year and it was going on well but the past months has been a bit hectic and I feel like I couldn't find time to do that. I must resume. This is one of my resolution and I must achieve it.

Don't know how to call this dish. It's rice with mushroom, chicken and chinese sausage cooked in one pot. What makes it really special is the burnt rice that my mum did on purpose. It's very fragrant and nice to eat. I cannot help myself for a second or third serving whenever she cooks this.
I am sure many will know this. Hokkiean mee...Lots of ingredients and very tasty. Comparable to the one selling outside.
Pork ball kuey teow soup (with small taiwanese sausage). I do not normally eat kuey teow soup outside because my mum makes the best at home.
Porridge- kind of like Teo Chew style. The dish to go with it, is cooked with long bean, peanuts, mushroom, 'choy poh' and dried tau foo. Add a bit of salted egg and you will want a second bowl of porridge.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hey the food looks good! and my fav - the hokkien mee hehe :) let us know if you have a party haha!

Prof H. said...

Wow....great food...I wanna join the makan party too..

Anonymous said...

and the fried rice ... yummy ...

Su said...

keef, this is definately one resolution you shall achieve... then we all get to enjoy the fruits of your labour =D wee...

Unknown said...

quachee and pat rickho: will sure invite you...
cy:miss the fried rice leh? :P
su:hehe...i shall try my best...maybe can cook for you all next chinese new year...:)