Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I just witnessed a crime....

I saw this guy on the bike making a couple of rounds at the playground while I was jogging just now....Felt something not right as he looks so suspicious. My first instinct is to go near houses with people and wanted to make my way back. When I was just about to turn and head home, I heard a loud scream. Thought it was a group of youngsters playing nearby. Then I saw that guy. He was chasing a girl few steps from his bike, pulling the girl's bag. The girl didn't let go, and the bastard pushed her to the ground and slapped her hard a few times before forcefully pulling the bag and took off with his bike.
I didn't know what to do. I was scared. I was numb for a few secs and the girl ran towards the row of shops, crying loudly. I wanted to chase after her and help her. But I was too shocked. I saw people coming out to help her and I just ran all the way home. All this took place just about 100 metres from me.
I will never jog there alone anymore....

No comments: