Wednesday, August 18, 2004

The grass is greener on the other side?

16th Aug.....Anxious but nervous at the same time. New job, new colleagues, new challenge....I just hope that I can suit into the environment. I am the only one joining and I know it's going to be tough.So, arrived @ 845am, rang the bell @ 18th flr, UBN Towers and a sweet lady opened the door for me (i learn later on that her name is Fiona). No much people around. Met some of my group's staff...they are ok but a bit difficult to clique with.Some, as usual, very sombong loh....Then, spent the whole day reading and TRYING to understand about the company and it's services.Very blur blur....So, am I happy that I changed job? Hmmmm....hard to say on the 1st day but I definitely missed ALSTOM's environment....So, today is the 3rd day and my conclusion?he grass is NOT always greener on the other side.So, what can I do now? Start everyday with a resolution - to do my best in whatever I am doing....Sometimes there are things you really do not like to do but you just can't quit because of some commitments....so just have to do your best till you find another challenge.....

2 comments:

cy said...

Give yourself sometime... It's only been 3 days mah...
How's the office there? Nice ahh? Wish u all the best!!

easy513 said...

This is really challenging but i believe u can get through it...all the best!