Saturday, December 04, 2010

Food Review:Sage, The Gardens Residences

Sage is apprently the sister restaurant of the all famous Cilantro. I am not really a fan of fine dining, but since it's a team dinner (aka FOC), it's not an experience I would want to miss.
With the price of RM150 for a set dinner, I got to choose an appetizer, a main course and a dessert.
We started off with complimentary warm bread and pesto/olive dipping...and some scallop thingy.
White and red wine was served before our appetizer, which I ordered Carpaccio of Wagyu with Plum Infused Konbu Sauce. It's my first time tasting Wagyu beef....and i loveeee it....It melts in my mouth. 
 For the main, I was hesitating between the beef and duck breast. I went for the latter because of the Foie Gras. The foie gras was so tender and soft, it feels like eating 'tau fo fah' as one of my colleague puts it. Smoked Duck Breast with Foie Gras and Red Wine Sauce.
For dessert, nothing tempts me more than chocolate-Chocolate Fondant with Earl Grey Ice Cream. Rich, warm and melted chocolate filling, paired with the not so sweet ice cream is just heavenly.

Sage has the perfect ambience for a quiet dinner with a reasonable price.

Lunch (Mon-Fri): 12pm-2pm

Dinner (Mon-Sat): 6pm-10.30pm
Closed on Sunday

The Gardens Residences Level 6,
The Gardens, Mid Valley City,
Lingkaran Syed Putra,
59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Tel: 603 2268 1328
Fax: 603 2287 2189
Email: sagekul@gardenshtlres.com

No comments: