Saturday, January 30, 2010

Growing old

Finally after may hours of labour, I finished wrapping all the chicken floss with a pack of popiah wrap. You don't need to be a genius to do this - just cut the popiah wrap to small squares, put a bit of chicken floss and wrap them ala popiah style.
But mind you, it was no easy task. NOT easy at all. It took me almost 5 hours in total, spread out to 2 days. I remembered making this for CNY a couple of times few years back but half way through it, I gave up. It was my mum who finished the task. But this year, I am proud to say, I have the determination to finish what I have started. No matter how tiring it was, I managed to psycho myself to keep wrapping - thinking of how nice the end product will be...
It got me thinking. The younger me would have complaint a lot. It's so tiring la, so boring la...etc etc...But I do feel I have a lot more determination to carry on through a difficult task as I grow....errmmm...older more mature.
Speaking of growing more 'mature', it's hard to believe that my age is coming to a big x0. At times, I still feel very childish inside, reacting stupidly to situation which I could have taken control. So, resolution number 6. To be in control of my fear/emotion/difficult situation (aka act like a grown up).
Then downside of growing more 'mature', my shoulders/back/legs are a bit sore from the hours of sitting and doing the same repetitive thing....(+ spring cleaning + shopping, etc etc)
Muscle rub, anyone?

No comments: