Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Simple life

There is so much to blog about Siam Reap but it will not be the same if depicted in words.
If there is an opportunity, I would very much like to go there again. Spend more time understanding the rich ancient myths and history, to experience the way of living there and to learn the culture.
A few days there made me realise that I actually took a lot of things for granted. The children seemed so happy even without bare neccessity like clothing and proper education, let alone have the pleasure of toys.
And yet, I still complain and feel that I do not have enough. But then this is the nature of huma beings. We tend crave for more.
I am quite proud of myself lately. I refrained myself from buying things that I do not need. I can still be happy without that extra new skirt or dress. I can still be satisfied without that new notebook or that new handphone I am craving for.
But, two things I can't resist - nice food and facials...Sigh~~~
Well, live a simple life and you'll realise that you'll be happier.

No comments: