Friday, May 22, 2009

In Memorial of Lucy 1996-2009

Today might me any normal day to anyone. But to me, it's one of the saddest.
At about 1pm, Lucy passed away peacefully. I called home a little after 1pm and my mum told me the heart breaking news. I can't hold back the tears and cried a while in the office gym's toilet. Lucy was having a bloated stomach and refused any food since few days earlier. Yesterday, I didn't manage to sleep well as she was breathing hard just outside my room's window. And she could not even stand up anymore. Wanted to call the vet but my mum objected. She wants Lucy to go naturally and peacefully.
I spent some quiet time with Lucy this morning. Wiping her body and her eyes. Telling her to take care but honestly in my heart, I prayed for a miracle. But somehow I knew that would be the last time I touch her. We all knew it's almost time.
This is the cruel fact of life.
My mum said she doesn't want anymore pet because the hardest part is when it's time to let go. I kind of agree. My eyes are swollen from the crying now. My heart aches when I look out and the familiar figure that has been there for 13 years is not there anymore. No more Lucy to welcome me home everyday, no more Lucy to in the house when there is thunder, no more buying her dog meat and biscuit. I will deeply miss all these. I will deeply miss her.
Love you always Lucy and hope you have had a great life with us. I appreciate your companion and loyalty. And most of all, the joy you brought us.-RIP-

6 comments:

Su said...

May Lucy RIP. I'm sure Lucy will always be in your heart.

Kat said...

i'm sorry to hear about Lucy...she's in dog heaven now...

deepak said...

hey there.... sorry to hear about your Lucy. Hang in there...

bel said...

Sorry for your loss. 13 years is considered a long long journey for our man-best-friend.

Koze said...

Hey Gal, Sorry for your lost.


Hope you will feel better soon.

take care..

Unknown said...

thanks all for the comforting words...she'll always be in my heart.