Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Volunteering is fun!

It was my first time volunteering with World Vision and I am quite impressed. The event was well organised. From the program on the day, to crowd control to the volunteers' welfare, everything is well taken care of. Kudos to the team for managing the event well.

I've always had a thing for events management. I like to plan and get everything perfectly in place. I couldn't help thinking if I can just forego my current job and join World Vision in setting up charity events and booth and visiting sponsored children around the world...Sigh, wishful thinking

I've met some very unique people on that day. Some are really dedicated and enthusiatic on their given tasks, some are less, some are very outspoken on what they want and some are very passionate in helping others.

It was an eye opening event. Not only on the day's event but also on the objectives of World Vision.
It's very heart wrenching to see some videos on how some children have to live their lives. We are indeed very fortunate to have what we have now.
To learn more about World Vision - visit
https://www.worldvision.com.my/Pages/default.aspx