Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Food review: Royale Vietnam, Starhill

I am a sucker for deals vouchers. So when I saw Royale Vietnam in Starhill on a good deal, I quickly bought a couple of vouchers. I was having high hope of this place but it was rather disappointing. Well, not all dishes were a let down but I still feel that the best Pho and rice vermicelli salad is in Australia.

The Pho bo dac biet - beef noodles soup with flat noodles, is quite flavorful but the beef was rather tough. Soup is not quite hot enough to give it that ooommppphh...

Vietnamese spring roll. Should have ordered the fried version. This tasted very bland. But what saved it was the sauce. 


 Pineapple fried rice also tasted bland. We added in the sauce from the springroll to make it taste better.

I find the vermicelli salad not bad. I love this Vietnamese dish. What makes or breaks this dish is the sauce. Lots of it.

Lemongrass chicken is quite good too.

What I enjoyed most is the Vietnamese Drip Coffee. Very pricey though but it's worth the coffee kick.

No comments: