Monday, December 24, 2012

Of Sydney...

1. Culture-I find people here are more relaxed. Take a walk on the beach on a good day, you'll be amazed to find so many people sunbathing or jogging even on working weekday. On weekends, the harbour side are crowded with people and there are some pretty entertaining street performances.
2. Places to go-Explore the city on foot. It might take a couple of days or more but nothing beats walking for hours, taking in the beautiful scenery and observing the people and culture. Wait for an upcoming post on 'Must do in Sydney'... 

3. People-One of the perks of travelling alone, you get to chat up with more people. It might just be to ask for directions but you'll be surprise at the friendliness that the locals showed. I met a kind old lady who offered me a banana when I was waiting for bus with her. Met another old man who offered me valuable information on the nooks and corners to explore in town. Well, aside for some rude teens, I find that the people here are polite and passionate about their city. 

4. Food-Hmmm...I keep comparing the food here to Melbourne's. Maybe I'm not dining at the 'recommended' places. Compared to Melb's, the food here are pretty bland. Nothing really shouts out - not even the famous Pancakes on the Rocks.

5. Transportation-...is a breeze. It's so convenient to go anywhere with the public transportation. And they are all scheduled and on time, I mean really on time. All the public transportation are very friendly for the physically challenged or for a parent with stroller. They even have buckle for the stroller or wheelchair on the bus. Something that our country should really learn. 


2 comments:

Lawsh said...

any tips on melbourne? :)

Unknown said...

sure!! just realised that I havent blogged about melbourne...:P stay tune!