Thursday, May 03, 2012

Fat!

I gave up.


I gave up my attempts to lose those extra pounds. I'm just thankful that I am not gaining any.

I have always been plump since young. Born 3.5kg, I looked very chubby as a baby. When I was still inside my mummy's tummy, she has this ravenous appetite to eat just about anything. No morning sickness, no loss of appetite. I guess that contributed.

As a baby, I quit drinking formula milk at the age of 1+. Shifted to Milo instead. Yes, I am a Milo baby. My favourite food as a kid, cheese with bread. And Ribena.

In Primary school, I was among the ‘fat’ kid. Looking at pictures, I was plump and to tell you the truth, I do have low self-esteem because of that. It got better in Secondary school but weight is still an issue for me.

I was the slimmest when I was at the low of my life. Few years ago (about 4-5 years ago), I was feeling so depressed, I lost the appetite to eat. And I can’t believe how fast I shed the extra weight.

I am trying hard to get back to that size but to no avail. Cutting down food, exercising daily and even visiting a slimming centre as the last resort. I can’t go on a strict diet as I can’t resist the temptations to eat good food.

So yes, I gave up.

I’m trying to convince myself to be in love with my body. :P