Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Do you smell what the xxx is cooking??

As tradition has it (within my family that is), every second day of the Chinese New Year is our open house. Close relatives gather and have a feast (what's new during CNY)...My mum will wake up way early in the morning to cook and prepare all the dishes. I've been the little kitchen helper for many years. Mum still cannot trust me with the wok...So, what's cooking this year? Have a look...
Mushroom with chicken feet (this is a pic of the uncooked mushroom-end product, didnt manage to snap a pic!)

Guess what this is?
End product

Sui kow (which I made...:P)

Home made yee sang....

And few more dishes which I didnt manage to snap pics of...:(
It's very tiring by the end of the day but I do hope that this tradition will go on for many many more years to come. (And I hope my mum will let me handle the kitchen in the near future...hehehhe)..
Chap Goh Mei is just a few days away....Again, wishing everyone 'gong xi fa cai' and 'huatttt arrrr'.... 

1 comment:

Su said...

I was looking forward for the mushroom chicken feet end-product..hehe