Sunday, February 20, 2011

Disturbing

I watched Sanctum yesterday. I expect some breathtaking,kick-ass 3D scenes. But instead, I can't seem to get over few of the disturbing scenes.
Long after I reached home, I still remember that part where one of the actress got her hair tangled in a hiking rope, tearing her scalp off or one of the scene where the man broke all his bones and part of the flesh on his face was torn off. Another scene shows that survival means being cruel and it's either you die or I die.
I'm just so glad that I am not caught in any of the situations.
No cave diving or any form of diving at all for me. Colleagues kept telling me how wonderful it is underwater but it's a big no no for me. I get panicky when my feet can't touch the ground in the water.
While watching the movie, I do think of what if similar situation happens when I'm hiking. Thinking of Mulu hike few years back gave me the creeps. I could have just slipped and that's it. *shivers*
I'm just glad that nothing horrible happened. We can never be too careful.
Synopsis of the movie:
Master diver Frank McGuire (Richard Roxburgh) has explored the South Pacific's Esa-ala Caverns for several months. However when his exit is shut down in a flash flood, Frank's team including 17-year-old son Josh (Rhys Wakefield) and financier Carl Hurley (Ioan Gruffudd) are pressured to drastically change plans. Having diminishing resources, the team must get through an underwater labyrinth to really make it out. Before long, they are up against the inevitable issue: Can they stay alive, or will they be stuck for good?
Taken on area off the Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia, Sanctum movie utilizes 3D digital photography techniques Cameron developed in creating "Avatar". Created to perform in severe conditions, the engineering employed in the action-thriller provides viewers on a breathless quest throughout crashing cliffs and towards the furthermost reaches in our subterranean earth.

No comments: