Friday, January 21, 2011

Big fish, small fish

And so the question goes, 'Would you rather be a big fish in a small pond, or a small fish in a big pond?'
For me, I choose to be a big fish in a small pond.
Now, I'm a small fish in a big pond and it's definitely not where I want to be. I rather have something that I own whole-heartedly and passionately. Something that I build up from my dreams. EVen if it's small and unknown, I prefer to be doing something I look forward to waking up to each morning.
People might think that when you work for a well-known company, a big multinational company, and be good at it, it's consider a success. But to me, it's just living the life that people expected. And you know what, the grass is not always greener on the other side.
So, I don't like big pond. It makes me drown and it makes me stress.
And no, I don't want to be a big fish in a big pond too because some big fish in a big pond told me that no one is indespensable. In a big organisation, you are replaceable no matter how 'big' you are.
But life is never easy. Big pond or small pond, there are bound to be challenges. So which pond you prefer?

2 comments:

cy said...

i like to become the people behind.... if given a choice, i want to become a small fish in a small pond.

Su said...

hehe...for me, it doesn't really matter whether I'm a small fish or a big fish, in a small pond or a big pond.
All that matter is whether I can 'find food' and 'be a natural fish' in that pond or not.