Monday, July 19, 2010

Food Review:Alexis, Gardens

It was Jo An's wedding day on 10th of July. As usual, the gang of 'ji mui' is up early in the morning to prepare for the games and challenges. It was a successful event and we got a 'reasonable' amount of red packets and the amount is just nice to cover our lunch @ Alexis. LOL, reward for our hard work for the day. (thinking of it, actually it was the 'heng tai' which did all the hard work.)
Initially, we wanted to go to Old Klang road for this famous pork burger. But looking at the map, it was pretty tough to find our way. (I know I know, time to get a GPS). Alexis in Gardens is one of the biggest of its outlets. The environment is cosy, until our friend here feels like dozing off.
We ordered quite an amount of food. And not surprisingly, the plates were all clean at the end of the meal (we're big eaters, no?)
1) Salad Nicoise
Combination of tuna sashimi, cheery tomatoes, potatoes, a yummylicious soft booiled egg, green string bean (so fresh and super crunchy!) and olive. I didn't like the tuna sashimi. It's a bit hard and does not have the fresh tuna taste. But the rest of the combination is great.



















2) Fish and chips
Fried to perfection. Most important, the fish is fresh and the fries are really crispy.The greens that came with it are rockets which is Soon Yeng's fave but I find it a bit bland and hard to chew.
3) Chicken escalope
Chicken meat, de-boned and flattened, then fried with breadcrumps and thymes. Served with roasted cherry tomatoes and more rockets. I like this dish but it's better dipped in ketchup.


4) Linguine pasto
First time I tried pesto was in Delicious and I fell in love with it. Pesto sauce is made from basil leaves, pine nuts, etc. I prefer the peto here compared to Delicious as it's more flavourful.


5) Sauteed button mushroom
I love button mushroom. But I would not normally order a dish of just button mushroom. Thanks to Sook Yun who ordered this. I really love the creamy sauce that comes with chopped parsley and bread that goes well with the sauce.


6) Penne carbonara
Somehow this dish is not so appealing. The carbonara lacks the ooomph that makes you want to eat more and more...I like the crsipy beef bacon, though.


















7) Pizza in 2 types of flavour
Forgot what's the flavour we ordered but I love the pan pizza. Would definitely come back for more.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

8) Infamous tiramisu with cognac
Coated with caramelized mixed nuts, the cake has a heavy taste of coffee liquer. Soft and melts in your mouth. Satisfying!


9) Banoffee pie
As much as I love both banana and coffee but this is a little too bitter for my tastebud. I still prefer my desserts to be sweet and satisfying.

Total damage : RM 300.15
(thanks Jo An and Seng Kit for the wonderful lunch!! :P)

No comments: