Saturday, June 26, 2010

Relaxing Sat

I learnt that my biological age is 39 today. That's old...Really old...Good thing is, although I might weigh a lot but my body fat is healthy. Now, I need to work to cut down stress, unhealthy habits, rest more and do more sauna...LOL. Not any normal sauna but FIR. -> refer to http://www.zazenhealthsolutions.com/.
Dear and me went for a free trial today. This is not an advertorial, though. Each session of sauna is not cheap. Cheapest package comes to about RM9.90 per 30 min session and you have to sign up for 300 sessions to get that rate. Do the maths. Or you can buy the whole unit back home for RM10,500, Yup...
So, what's so special about FIR? It does not use steam (water and heat) but instead uses Far Infrared Ray. The sweat from the session is not the normal sticky, salty sweat. I don't even need to take a bath after that (taking bath after any sauna is not good actually coz your pores are open). I always feel a bit uncomfy in steam sauna. The heat and humidity makes it hard to breath. But today's session is just nice. We sat for 30 mins and feels the time is too short. They have cabins for 1 person or 2 persons.
According to the consultant, we can burn up to 900 calories per session. Dear was sweating buckets and his stats actually shows improvements after the session.
So, will we consider signing up? Probably not. Money is hard earned nowadays. Furthermore, it is advisable to have at least 4 sessions per week. How are we going to find the time? We had a good Saturday. Nice breakfast of wan tan mee, relaxing sauna, rojak for lunch and just watch some series at home. I wish every weekend can be like this...Maybe I am really getting old...

No comments: