Sunday, June 28, 2009

Standard Chartered KL Marathon 2009

How can it be?? Why?? How??
My timing seems to be slower and slower when I actually thought I did fairly good during the race. KNS...
Anyway, I always bear in mind that I set to do my best and Run My Own Race. That is why I never gave much thought on my timing after 2 years of running. Yes, two years. Adidas King of The Road this year will mark my 2nd year anniversary.
Someone I met on FB told me, that there is always that invisible wall at first. My timing will always average on the same level. One day, with a bit of determination and practice, I will be able to break through that invisible wall. :P
Today's run is not as satisfying though. I would say it really lacks the atmosphere compared to Singapore. Lacks big time. There is still a lot of room of improvements. From the online registration to the race bib collection to the water stations, the goodie bag, the starting and finishing points, well almost everything. In Singapore, even before starting the race you can actually feel the excitement and throughout the route, there are inspirational supporters. There are cheerleadings and bands to motivate the runners. Sigh, hope next year's event will be better.
Today, suddenly I have this inspiration to do a full marathon. I've done 15, I've done half but yet, I do not have the courage to do a full. I saw a lot of full marathoners finishing today. I guess to be able to run for more than 5 hours is a great achievement. Some came back full of spirit, some in pain due to leg cramps, some with expression that couldn't be described. I salute them because for me, I still find it amazing.
Imagine, 5 hours is the time travel from KL to Penang or Singapore, that will be half day of the normal working hours. Kudos to all marathoners.
Who knows, I might try it once...It's a must achieve task on my list of things to do now...
Well, maybe after KK climb next year...If I am still up to it.

2 comments:

KA said...

wooooooo soon to be 42km runner!!!

Kat said...

yea kee fong...go for a full marathon..it's worth the training and pain...all the best!!!