Friday, June 05, 2009

Life is fragile

As I sat there, listening to the pastor, a few words of his was somehow etched in my mind. He said, "The most certain thing in life is death, and the most uncertain thing is when it will happen to us."
I guess we all knew this. Just that sometimes we are too caught up with our daily lives, too busy with our jobs, to busy chasing dreams, or falling in love, etc..that it slipped our mind. Life is indeed very fragile and we'll not know what is destined for us.
I lost my uncle (my dad's younger brother) on Thursday 04.06.09. He was still well and playing mahjong on Sunday and in a blink of an eye, he is not here with us anymore.
It is still hard to believe for some of us. I do occasionally think about what will I do/ feel if this happens to any of my parents. But I realise there is nothing I can do at that point. What I can do is to shower them with love and respect NOW. Not later, not tomorrow, not next time but NOW.
Hope everyone reading this will do the same to their loved ones.

I'll end this by praying that my uncle RIP. You'll be deeply missed and may you be blessed in eternal life.

No comments: