Saturday, June 27, 2009

My cup of coffee...

I have an obsession with coffee. Not addiction...no i am not addicted...I can go without coffee for a few days. Why do I say I have an obsession? I love to try out different type of coffee at different places. I can post many photos of cups of coffee that I've ordered. But I'm not going to bored you here...Anyway, this entry is not about coffee...
I have had a few tough weeks. Well, not to say bad but stressful. I am a person who can't work under extreme pressure. I've had some break downs. At times, I feel like giving up. And in these times I will start to rant and throw tantrums and lose focus. And so the other day, my dear just got tired of my rantings. And he sat me down and gave me a long long long long lectured. And deep down, I know what he said are all true.
So how does this relates to havng coffee? It's because I keep having this thought that this is not my cup of coffee (yeah, I prefer coffee than tea so I changed it). That I do not want to do this what I'm doing daily. I wanted to do something meaningful that contributes more to the community. I wanted to do something that I feel satisfied in the end. But yet, how many of us can have the pleasure of drinking the perfect brew? Most times, I am disappointed with how the coffee turned up. Lacks the ommph in the taste, too sweet, too bland, too much milk, etc.
I learnt it the hard way (after making silly mistakes and after going through the long lecture). It's important for me to focus and take it cool. But most important is to change my mind set. I'm having a great job now and I shouldn't be complaining. Some little extra effort might be recognized sooner or later.




ps: i'm going to jakarta for 3 weeks...alone...:(...wish me luck...

2 comments:

Preston said...

nothing to do with stress, losing focus or whatsoever........it's the CAFFEINE's vooodoo in the coffee,...... the moral of the story,.....drink lesser, hahah :)!

mari, mari, mari, Teh Tarik our best ally??? Let's recite together:

eh oh ur oh oh! *imagine: ladies plucking tea leaves*
uh oh eh eh eh! *shoving leaves onto their back basket*
dang dang beh uh weh!

Teh "BOH" ada umphhh!........nostalgic advertisement hahah :)!

anechoic said...

good to see you still manage to overcome the bitter or tasteless coffee you've encountered.

hope u get to enjoy more good coffee in the future. a solo work trip may not be so bad, you probably gonna have chance to taste some new coffees..haha.