Sunday, December 30, 2007

2007...what a year it has been...

2007...
is coming to an end...
it's the time of the year to do some recap on 2007...
time to reflect the good and bad, the right and wrong and try to make 2008 a better year...Sounds tiring and boring? Hehe...I seriously think I need to have some quiet time to think and make some changes in my life. Change for the better. Every year, I am unable to meet my resolutions (yeah, I do come up with resolutions but sadly, can hardly fulfill them). Let's see what 2007 has been for me.

Travelling
Let the places do the talking...
- Penang
- Taiping
- Melaka (3 times)
- Bali
- Cameron (twice)
- Langkawi
- Genting
- Cherating, Kuantan
- Bukit Tinggi
- Singapore
- Pulau Pangkor
- Day trips (eg. Aquaria, Eye on Malaysia, trips to Bukit Gasing)
- and NUMEROUS makan outings which I really enjoyed...(despite the increasing number of my waistline)...Thanks to a bunch of fun friends (crazy and wild bunch - you know who you are *wink*wink*) and colleagues. More to come next year? Definitely....

Relationships
Well, it was quite a turbulent year in thsi area. A couple of crushes and flings I would say. Nothing more....:P One thing I learn is letting go at the right time. Everything happened for a reason and I believe that what are supposed to be, will be. Most of the time, what we wanted, we will not get so we need to learn to accept it. It's a learning point this year. Thanks. I am still waiting for my Prince Charming...
But one thing for sure, I am still in love with Lee Hom.

Career
It has been a year + here in Shell. Occasionally, I still miss the time I was in IBM. It was a challenge then and I have really put a lot of effort and hardwork. But no point looking back. It was a great experience and here, it will be another great challenge. I can't say that I have built a career yet, but I will make a plan for it, starting next year.

Family
Family-wise, it has been great. we finally had our family trips and outings which is really quality time spent together. My dad is not working anymore and thus, I feel the responsibility of taking care of the household. It has been stable so far, thank God for that. Looking forward to 2008 which I have already plans to have more time with them. Sometimes the thought of losing them is really scary but I know it's a fact of life. So, I will treasure them now.

Health
I did not manage to shed the extra kilos that I aimed to from beginning of the year. Sigh...But it's definitely a healthy year for me. Built up some stamina by running and joining marathons. It's a new interest. And I realise I like trail running as well. And jungle trekking. One of the most memorable event is Genting Trailblazer. It was fun getting dirty...Hehe. Will try to lose some weight and be fitter in 2008. More marathons to come...:)

Misc highlights
- I got to meet two singers I really like in real person - Lee Hom and Jacky Cheung
- Went to a few concerts - really like the feeling of love performances
- Went to an actual play
- Few good friends got married

There are so much more to 2007 that I can't possibly write in here.
Overall, it has been a great great year. Thanks again to everyone (especially to great friends to share those special moments) who has made it so memorable.

Love you all, muaakkkkssss.......

See ya in 2008!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey that's a fair bit of travel... More than once a month haha! Im sure it must be very fun & memorable :)