Thursday, February 22, 2007

*Give me the strength*

Damn...mail server hang so unable to do any work and what's worse is, have tonnes of work to do....*cry*cry*

Hmmm....many things on my mind lately. But when I am in front of the monitor now, cannot seem to put my thoughts into words.

Lately, my dad's health is not too good. Age catching up. He doesn't talk as much as last time and his hearing is not that good anymore. I remembered when I was young, dad used to give me piggy-back rides. My dad is quite thin and I was quite a chubby kid....so it must have been tough on him. I remembered dad used to bring me to fun fairs. And amusement parks. My dad is someone very loyal to one thing. And he is the MOST consistent person I have ever known. He goes to sleep at 9pm, wakes up at 5 am EVERY morning, takes a walk and then eats breakfast (white bread with jam) for as long as I can remember.

I am scared actually. I think I have taken my parents for granted. And I feel I do not know how to love them anymore. All along, I thought I am a good daughter but now I realised that I have not done anything much for them. And I am very disheartened. My dad used to always praise me in front of others but I have disappointed him and my mum. And the fact that I will lose them one day is haunting me now.

I might not know how to pray correctly but I pray to God to give me the strength to be a good daughter that both my parents put hope on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's never too late to show them your love and care.. I'm sure ur parents know how much u love them..

Hope that your dad will get better soon.. Never stop praying and never loose faith..

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with anonymous. It's never too late to love & care for them.
We'll be praying with you and will always be here for you.

Anonymous said...

I agree with anonymous. It's never too late to love & care for them.

We'll pray with you and will always be here for you.