Monday, June 28, 2004

Kampung Pt 2

Well, it's 8.10am but i dun feel like want to start work so continue with my trip....When we reached Slim Village, I'm surprised at how small the town is. Just 2 rows or less than 10 shops, a market, and a few rows of houses. My mum says it looks the same as 30 years ago except, houses are not wooden anymore but renovated and built again using bricks. Everybody knows everybody else here. Anything happens will be known to everybody....They are a friendly lot and most of them are my mum's friends....So, we went houses by houses, stopping by to chat and eat fruits and then eat more fruits....It's nice seing all the ladies talk bout their young days....and what happened to whom and gossips....We don't need any lunch coz we are eating so much fruits-rambutans, durians, pulasan...yummy and it's all free....Just pick it from the fruit orchards nearby....Many of them are rubber tappers, so was my mum last time...Now, only the older generation lives there. And I do believe they are rich. They are hardworking when they are young and they know how to save money. We can't find any youngster or teenagers around anymore. Even some are so old, they are still so healthy. No sickness or anything. That's the difference between the older generation and us. Not enuz exercise, unhealthy food, pollution, stress....the list goes on. And they have A LOT of children. I mean a lot like 10, 12 kids. Boy, I salute them. So, when it's time to leave, we were given fruits- yes fruits again...It's happy to see my mum and her freinds reunited after about 30 years. Well worth the trip. We plan to come again and this time maybe stay overnite and we can try tapping rubber also...It'll be fun....

No comments: