Thursday, February 27, 2014

Food Review:Robson's Height Seafood Restaurant

I don't know how I landed myself as the organizer for this year's Sao Gong lunch for the team before Chinese New Year. Well, not actually specific for the team but more of like for the usual lunch gang + the rest of the team members. Being the lazy me, I just prefer a smaller group of people which just nicely fit in a table.

I went to Robson's Heights Seafood Restaurant a couple of years back and as far as memory serves me well, I really like the food there. So, selfish me wanted to go back there and that's how I chose the venue.

1) Our first dish, of course is the "must have" Lo Sang. Half of it ended up by the side. The raw fish is quite fresh I must say.
2) This is an accidental dish. I pre-ordered without knowing how it looks like. I remembered the person telling me something about minced meat with tofu. It's edible but not a favorite for us. It didn't taste much like tofu but it's a first for most of us.
3) Fried brinjal with meatfloss. With my current obsession with brinjal, I read about this from blogs and I know I must order this. Fried + meatfloss, it can't go wrong. And it didn't disappoint! It was delicious.
4) Salt baked prawn. Fresh big prawns, just nicely flavored and not too empowering in taste. I can still taste the juicy prawns. Yumsss...
5) Best dish of all. The restaurant is very famous with their pork ribs and it's easy to see why. Perfected marinated, not too sweet nor sour, not too sticky, and the meat just tender and soft. It's the winner that day. *licks fingers*
 6) Herbal chicken. It's like customary to have a chicken dish in every meal. Instead of ordering the roast/ steam chicken, I thought of trying something with a bit more gravy/ soup. The dish didn't really hit the note. It's not bad but just mediocre in taste.
 7) Another highlight of the lunch is the crab baked rice. Imagine fragrant rice with crab roes and with fresh crab meat. This is good enough to be eaten on it's own.

8) We ordered a dish of vege as well - the Green Leaf Dragon which is known for it's expensive price but it tastes good. Well worth the price.

The total bill is not that bad for all the good and tasty food.

Address & Contact Number :
ROBSON HEIGHTS SEAFOOD RESTAURANT
10B, Jalan Permai,
Off Jalan Syed Putra,
50460 Kuala Lumpur,
Malaysia.
Telephone/Fax No : 603-2274 6216.

No comments: