Friday, June 03, 2011

As usual

As I sat here, time approximately 7.25am, I'm surrounded by peacefulness. One look across the floor, I can only see one or two early birds like me. Not many people bustling around, no phone ringing, no keyboard typing sound.
The cleaner lady is vacuuming while humming a song. She's always so cheerful despite the hard work that she's doing.
In a few minutes, after my cup of morning coffee, I will be starting my 'hard work' too. Not physically demanding, yet, mentally exhausting.
Sigh, I know I should not be complaining as there are many out there in a worse position than me. But yet, I need to vent it out sometimes. The only way to help me stay focused is to think about the things I like to do. Traveling and photography, food and blogging, reading a good book while listening to Lee Hom. Those are a few of my favorite things.
Day in , day out, work is beginning to be so 'as usual'. I need something to put me at the edge, something to excite me again. I've been involving myself with the company's newsletter team and also putting an initiative in a small improvement project. Will this be enough?
I don't know but I know what I don't want to do.
I need courage and I need the support. How do I even start?

No comments: