Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Goodbye CBJ

*this post was composed on Friday, 01 October


As was driving back today, it dawned on me that today might be the last day I will be driving on this familiar road. It's been six years. Six years work life in CBJ. It's not a very long period, not too short either. But one thing for sure, I am really attached to this place. I've experienced much during my time here. So many bitter sweet memories that will be etched in my heart forever.So many friends I've met here. So much exposure I've gained.

I get plenty of comments that it's very far to travel from Cheras to CBJ. Honestly, I'm used to it. There's no jam, at least for the first few years. I can't say the same nowadays. It's starting to get really crowded in CBJ with many new buildings and more companies mugrating here.

Few years ago, there's not so many eateries around. Not so many people and cars. I missed those days.

I love the environment here. It's true that CBJ lacks trees but it's a calm and quiet place, unlike KL center. The unique buildings, the long winding road, the sunrise that I get to watch on every clear morning. I will miss it all. I will miss the food in Dengkil. Sigh...my butter chicken...and kam hiong fried rice...

I'm a very sentimental person. Once I am attached to something, I will be very emotional if I have to part with it. I remember when Lucy died, I cry so hard that my loved ones will not allowed me to have another pet. :( It'll not be easy as I've gotten so used to working here. But I hope I will be able to leave with brave heart.

I guess nothing is permanent in this life. Sooner or later, I need to move. I need a change. And I'm pretty sure that I'll be back again one day.
Goodbye CBJ (although my last day will be in another 2 weeks)!

4 comments:

Su said...

truly tidy workstation =)

Lawsh said...

like she was never there, i got so much crap on my table its a huge mess :p

Unknown said...

heheheh.....i can't work on a cluttered desk (or i'm too free.....LOLs)

Prof H. said...

Changes required a 'strong' heart....be happy because it happens...be grateful for letting go...All the best!