Sunday, August 09, 2009

Food Review:Soon Huat BKT

For Bak Kut Teh (BKT) lovers, try out this newly opened shop in Bandar Puteri Puchong. It is a franchise of Soon Huat Bak Kut Teh, well-known in JB.This is actually the first time I tried a clear soup BKT. Normally, BKT from Klang or other famous restaurant in town is full of herb taste. For Soon Huat, they make it not so strong, so it is perfect for those who can't stand the strong smell (like my mum).
The BKT comes in clay pot which is the only way I like it. Flavourful, despite the clear soup. The claypor ginger chicken and the stewed 'chu sau' is recommended as well. The gravy goes very well with a bowl of hot steam rice. I like the 'tau foo pok', stewed with some BKT soup and special sauce.
Personally, I still prefer the strong herbal smell and taste of BKT. But do give Soon Huat a try if you like/want to try this clear-based soup.
Location:
No 3, Jalan Puteri 2/5,
Bandar Puteri Puchong

No comments: