Saturday, July 04, 2009

much ado about jakarta

Well, I am still not used to being called 'bu'...i know it is coutesy(a way to greet a lady) but it makes me feel so errmmm....old??
Anyway, I had a little historical journey through Jakarta today and learnt a lot...will blog about this soon.
I indulged a lot of good food these few days. Breakfast buffet in this hotel is excellent. They even serve sushi. I have 100,000 RP voucher each day for food. So dinner is practically free. I just have to fork out a little amount to enjoy a sumptuos meal. And I had a delicious traditional nasi padang meal for lunch today (full of curry and santan).
I don't want to gain weight before I go back so I FINALLY went to the gym earlier. The gym here is equivalent to any gym centers back home. And the swimming pool is really nice. Gosh, I can get used to this kind of living.
One thing I dislike is the traffic here. You need a LOT of courage to drive on the road. But still it can't beat the traffic in India. Earlier this evening, they were having a march/ campaign near the hotel (at the National Stadium) for this coming Wednesday's election. 'People mountain, people sea' to literally put it. Even little kids joined. The traffic was a chaos. People were holding flags and banners. But this is just a peaceful march. It's an experience as I was stucked in the van in the middle of all these.
I detoured to Senayan City and Plaza Senayan yesterday before heading back to the hotel. These two are one of the most luxurious shopping malls here (and they have a LOT of shopping malls). Senayan City is another version of Pavillion. Posh, luxury, branded goods. One thing I must ackowledge - the people here are actually quite good looking. Pretty girls everywhere and they sure know how to dress up.
More updates and pictures soon. Want to watch TV now. Good night Malaysia.

No comments: