Friday, January 04, 2008

The life I wish to have....

* this post is written yesterday evening (04.01.2008)

It was nearly 5pm. I know it will start to rain but nonetheless, I put on my running shoes and went for a quick run. The clouds above looked heavy with rain...It started to drizzle...At that point, I felt a sudden calmness as I look upon the sky...Raindrops on my face.

The raindrops triggered a thought...What a life it would be to be free...No more 9-5 jobs, no more financial commitment, no more worries...

Imagine a life free from all these. I don't wish to be filthy rich, I don't wish to be famous, I just want a life meaningful enough to make me and people around me happy.

I wonder, what is the purpose of my life here on earth? I can be the filial daughter to my parents, a loyal friend to my friends and a productive employee for the company...But are these the only meanings of my life?

I wish to touch the lives of others. I wish to travel to places people will not normally go, I wish to run freely with the villagers from a peaceful village in Laos, I wish to swim with the dolphins in the sea (though I do not know how to swim, YET), I wish to spend a night in the real safari in South Africa, I wish to experience Mother Nature in it's purest form...

This is the life I wish to have.

Well, all said, I know I should be grateful for what I am having now. I haven't travelled overseas a lot but I would like do so in the near future and I would like to be involved in more charity work when I do.

No comments: