Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Food and more food

Chinese New Year is long over. To many, it's the season to over-eat and gain a few pounds. Hehe....Including me I guess. But who can resist all the good and yummy food, right? Need to lose those extra weight gained...It's has been quite long since I blog about food.



Zang Toi lunch sets and ala carte (Sg Wang)
I can say that they do serve some of the better food in town. I had the chicken chop and it was satisfying. Heard that their nasi lemak set is very nice also. And all prices are affordable. Still the best is the melted choc and banana cake.



1920 and Luca's pizza- Curve
Both are Italian restaurants, I think. Nice environment but not recommended unless you are rushing for time and you can't get any other place to eat there. One thing good - their service are better because they seldom get any customers....



Hau Kee (Cheras) and Tak Fok (Kepong)
Typical chinese restaurant that offers variety dishes and seafood. Had salted egg prawn and salted egg crabs and it tasted great. Tak Fok is very well known for their cheese crab but to me, nothing beats Wong Poh's butter crab.



Ah tuan Ee (Penang Nyonya food) - Curve, Timesquare
Well, someone wanted to eat 'joo hu char' and I thought it's some special Penang food. Turn out it's the dish that my mum always make. And my mum's better that Ah Tuan Ee's. Nothing special here and the price is quite expensive.



Venezia (Taman Segar, Cheras)
One of the best Italian restaurant I've been to. Favourite dish - pizzas and risotto. Yummy....Reasonable price and they used to have a handsome 'Mat Salleh' waiter....:P



Best Cheese Naan in town (Taman Mayang, PJ)
It's the best Cheese Naan I have ever tasted. I used to think that the mamak near my palce serves good cheese naan but wait till you taste what this place have to offer. Melting cheese inside, dipped with 2 different curry and sweetened condensed milk.....Gosh....really nice. Thanks to a friend that introduces this place. It's one of SS2 Murni's branch according to him. They serve very good seafood spaghetti in carbonara sauce. I am willing to go all the way there just for the Cheese Naan.



Sushi king 'yee sang'
We brought Mai and Imran to try 'lo sang' for the first time in Sushi King. Not bad at all.....It tasted different from the normal yee sang but it's nice...with salmon too...:)





Well, it's definitely a satisfaction to have a good meal with delicious dishes and with people you care and love. Leaving you some pictures of the dishes me and mum prepared for the CNY...




And I was in Penang for the weekend and I had lots of BBQ.....CHICKEN BUTTS....hehe....never thought that I will try them but I did not regret. It was tasty....Will definitely go there again the nest time I go Penang.

No comments: