Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Be aware

With all the cruel cases of snatch theft recently, I do have this tinge of fear each time I go out. I'm someone who likes to shops alone and jogs alone. With the cases happening in car parks of shopping malls, this has somehow has affected me in a way. I've lessen my visit to shopping malls (means I've spent less). Everytime I go for a jog, I’m always armed with a small pen. You’ll never know when it’ll be useful.Every morning, walking to the office is like a mission for me. I park quite far (about 15 mins walk away) at Tun Sambathan monorail station. The parking lots are FOC but in order to get it, I must reach before 7am. Normally, I'll reach about 650am and it's still quite dark.
People might think I'm paranoid. With each passing motorcycle, I'll avoid them as if I've seen a ghost. Can't blame me as this is the Brickfields area that we're talking about. Better be safe than sorry. I never carry any handbags, only my laptop bag and I'll walk as fast as I can until I reach KL Sentral.
It's really scary to read on those incidents where the victims were injured. Why need to hurt people when all you're after is wealth? Sigh....What is happening to the world now? I thought people are more civilized? We must put a stop on this by helping each other and doing our part in the society.
And to our dear government, please do something on this!

No comments: