Friday, February 13, 2009

One week ago....

One week ago, exactly at this hour, I was put into a deep deep sleep. It was an experience really...I was asked to change to a surgical gown, and then at the last minute before I am wheeled in, the nurse realised I haven't removed my Cutex (nails colouring on my feet). Luckily they have the remover ready. And I bet someone was under pressure when all 3 nurses were standing there, waiting impatiently for him to remove them (thanks dear).
At sharp 9, I was wheeled to the preparation room. It was weird, me on the bed and being pushed pass all the people and into a lift. When we reached the room, I was transferred to another bed, and I was nervous as hell then. The surgical staff were kind enough to make jokes with me. Finally, they pushed me in to the operating theatre. It was freezing. Lying down, with arms wide spread, the anaesthetist told me that he is going to put me to sleep by injection. I managed to mumble 'ok'. I was given oxygen, with costed me about RM 30 (as per the bill). Within 5 minutes, I was knocked out. The last thing I heard was the political issues in Perak as my doctor and the staff were talking about it.
One and a half hour later, I was waken up as they need to switch me back to the bed. It was over and I didn't even feel a thing. Few hours after that was terrible. Nausea and vomitting. I felt so dizzy I couldn't even open my eyes. I skipped breakfast and then lunch but manage to eat a little for dinner. I thought I can go back that day itself but the doctor advised me to stay the night. It wasn't such a bad experience. And the best part is, I got 1 week MC. Muahahahha....
The wound is ok now, just that I cannot use my right wrist much. Stitches will be removed on Monday. I guess I am pretty calm and cool through it all. Maybe I should reward myself. Can I get the ESPRIT bag?? *wink*wink*

3 comments:

Preston said...

Wow! Glad everything is fine and yukes! why you show ur frankensteinly stitched wound uuuuahh ;)!

Unknown said...

thanks...hehe...ugly isn't it? BTW, i did the surgery in Pantai Cheras. Quite good service there...Better check the little bump you have in your triceps..

deepak said...

yo yo ... you went in for surgery .. ganas wei .... hope u're feeling much better now ..